This is the first of my exercises for chronic back pain and is the Gluteal and buttock stretch
- Lying on your back raise one knee up towards your chest.
- Gripping behind the knee pull the knee towards the opposite shoulder until you feel the tightness in your buttock.
- Do not stretch beyond this tightness, but hold this point and relax for 10 seconds. (if you feel a tightness in the groin, do not go beyond this point.)
- Lower the leg back down to rest straight out, and repeat with the other leg.
- Always have the resting leg flat and straight on the floor
- Do this three times each side, alternating
Here is a useful image for you to ensure you get the technique right