New Patient Registration
Thank you for choosing Active X Clinics. I’m delighted to welcome you. Our aim is to provide you with an accurate assessment of your problem and as speedy a recovery as possible. While some long-term conditions take longer, the average across Active X Clinics is 4-5 treatments for the resolution of initial symptoms. Our osteopaths adhere to the profession’s best practice code. If your osteopath decides there are alternatives for your future treatment, these will be discussed with you.
The code of practice of the General Osteopathic Council requires each osteopath to enter into a one-to-one contract with their patients in the form below. If you have any questions or concerns in connection with the contract or your treatment, please don’t hesitate to contact me at email@example.com or on 0131 221 1415.
Please feel free to bring shorts or leggings etc to the appointment to wear during examination (we say more about the examination process under Patient Information below).
Thank you very much for taking the time to register online. The below form is confidential and all information will be held in the strictest confidence by Active X Clinics. Please fill in all appropriate fields as this information helps us greatly to manage your health and to run our business efficiently in order to deliver the best service possible. If you’re unable to register online prior to your first appointment, please arrive at the clinic ten minutes early in order to complete the form then.
We look forward to helping you to be active for life.
- You will be seen by Gavin Routledge, a qualified osteopath registered with the General Osteopathic Council, who will be fully responsible for your clinical care.
- The osteopath needs to know about your past and present health and you will be asked detailed questions about your complaint, medical history, general health and any medication you may be taking. You agree to provide this information.
- If you have any concerns at any time during the appointment, you agree to ask the osteopath to stop the treatment and explain anything he does.
- To help the osteopath understand and assess your condition, you may be asked to perform simple movements and further assessment may be conducted while you lie on an examination couch. The osteopath may also take your blood pressure and test reflexes, joint mobility and muscle strength. You agree to comply with this process.
- The osteopath will make a diagnosis, which he will discuss with you and in most cases some treatment will be given, but if the osteopath does not believe you will benefit from osteopathic treatment he will explain why.
- After treatment, the osteopath will give you further advice regarding the management of your condition.
- You may feel some discomfort for the first 24 to 48 hours after treatment, but if your discomfort feels excessive please feel free to telephone the clinic and talk to your osteopath.
- As required by the General Osteopathic Council, if there is any risk, however remote, of any serious adverse outcome from osteopathic treatment, the osteopath will inform you of this and seek your consent before continuing.
- It may take several sessions before your condition is relieved.
- Whether you have health insurance cover or not, you are ultimately liable for the cost of all treatment, services and items provided by Active X Clinics and its agents.
- You confirm that you have received confirmation from your doctor that you are in good enough physical health to undertake physical exercise without the guidance of your doctor, and that you do not experience pain in your chest when undertaking physical activity, you have not had any chest pain in the last month when not performing physical activity, you do not lose balance due to dizziness, you do not have a bone or joint problem which could be made worse by a change in your physical activity, and you are not aware of any reason that you should not engage in physical activity.
- If you are taking any medication you will inform us prior to undertaking any physical activity.
- You consent to Active X Clinics sharing your clinical notes with our other clinicians, for the benefit of your treatment/care.