Continuing our exercise for back pain – ham string stretch is a great one for helping you to loosen the tight hamstrings than can occur from constantly sitting at your desk.
1. Lie on your back with both legs straight out.
2. Bend one knee up and grab the back of your thigh.
3. Without lifting your head, slowly try to straighten the knee until you feel the stretch in the back of your thigh/leg – do not go beyond this point. There should be no pain!!
4. Hold this stretch for 10 seconds
5. Repeat on alternate sides. Six times in total
In the video below active-x’s very own Director of Exercise Oliver Jessop will guide you through exactly how to do this.